Around 1992, a group of people interested in the development along the Tenn-Tom Waterway and enticing visitors to our areas formed a nonprofit organization.
Most of the counties in the corridor have limited budget and staff to aggressively promote their area. Regional tourism is being formed all across the country. We are all considered “rural areas” and much attention have now turned to natural, cultural, and recreational tourism. The tourism dollar means direct economic benefits to retail and sales tax to government.
We have found that a unified effort can do much for our region. The Tenn-Tom Waterway is gaining in recreational facilities and activities. We need to cash in on this great resource
We must have monetary assistance in the form of dues and dedicated manpower to make it a success. Please see attached approved bylaws and dues structure. You would appoint a representative to attend the meetings, seminars and possibly Board of Directors appointment. Bridging the Tenn-Tom region together for the economic benefit of our area is a worthwhile endeavor.
We are enthusiastic about the progress being made and plans being developed. If you are interested in tourism development in your area, consider being an active member of the Tenn-Tom Tourism Association.
Membership in the Tennessee Tombigbee Tourism Association includes:
- Link to your business at www.tenntom.org
- Daily listing of all inquiries received in the TTTA office for you to follow up with brochures, etc.
- All inquiries coming into our website seeking information in your area will be forwarded to you
- Your brochures, flyers, etc. will be available at all events conducted by TTTA
Membership Cost ………………………………………….. $150
- Meetings— TTTA holds an annual meeting in the fall and a mid-year meeting in the spring
- Inquiries— Submitted to member associations daily
- Website—The Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway Website is www.tenntom.org. The Site is updated on a regular basis and each member is linked to this site.
Click on a link below to see regional and local member organizations.